Team NB Selections Guidelines
Player Selection Policy
Player exemptions for the Atlantic Golf Championships will be determined by using the final Player of the Year Points standings as accumulated in the year preceding the championships.
For example, the Ladies Amateur, Senior & Super Senior selections in 2017 will be determined based on the final POY points from 2016.
General Information & Guidelines
The Atlantic Golf Championships is made up of 20 player teams, from each Atlantic province, equally distributed between men and women and spread out over eight (8) age defined divisions. The age definitions for each division are as follows;
|Division||Years of Age|
|Amateur Male (3 Players)||0 to 39|
|Amateur Female (3 Players)||0 to 39|
|Mid-Master Male (3 Players)||40 to 54|
|Mid-Master Female (3 Players)||40 to 49|
|Senior Male (3 Players)||55+|
|Senior Female (3 Players)||50+|
|Super Senior Male (1 Player)||65+|
|Super Senior Female (1 Player)||65+|
*Note: The age category for Super-Senior Females at the Atlantic Golf Championships is established at 60+ years of age, in accordance with age categories as outlined by Golf Canada. New Brunswick has opted to identify Super-Senior Females as beginning at age 65, and as such, will be selecting Super-Senior participants for the Atlantic Golf Championships based on New Brunswick’s established age categories.
2) Player Eligibility
As divisions are age specific, players will only be eligible to participate in the division for which they are age appropriate.
Should Golf NB be unable to fill a given division with age appropriate athletes, then athletes from an older age division may be considered in order to fill an available position(s).
3) Points will be awarded to Mid Master Participants
To the best of its ability Golf NB will identify those who qualify for the “Mid-Master” divisions in both the Men’s and Ladies categories. Golf NB will maintain a separate POY standing for the Men’s Mid-Master division for the purpose of identifying exemptions for the Atlantic Golf Championships.
As Golf NB does not have access to the personal information of all participants, it is the responsibility of the player to inform Golf NB staff should their name be omitted from the list of “Mid-Master Competitors”.
4) Alterations to the Selection Process
Golf NB reserves the right to change or alter the selection criteria as required due to changes to event structure, date changes or other unexpected circumstances.
Any changes to the selection criteria will be publicized on the Golf NB website.
6) Confirmation Deadline
In order to expedite the selection process, players will be asked to confirm their interest in representing New Brunswick at the Atlantic Golf Championships, at a date to be determine by the selection committee, and communicated to qualifying participants. Players who have not confirmed their desire to represent the province by the confirmation date, or who have indicated that they do not wish to participate, at the Atlantic Golf Championships will be removed from consideration and will see the exemption awarded to the next available participant.
The Following Players have been confirmed as members of Team NB for the 2017 Atlantic Golf Championships.
Men’s Amateur Division
1. Michel Landry – Hampton Golf Club
2. Tom Cameron – Gage Golf & Curling Club
3. Peter Wedge – Rockewood Park Golf Course
Men’s Mid-Master Division (40+)
1. Stu Musgrave – Country Meadows Golf Club
2. Chris Bunting – Covered Bridge Golf & Country Club
3. Dan Coulombe – Fredericton Golf Club
Men’s Senior Division (55+)
1. Gary Melanson – Covered Bridge Golf & Country Club
2. Bob Gray – Maplewood Golf & Country Club
3. Mike Hosford – Royal Oaks Golf Club
Men’s Super-Senior (65+)
1. Jean LeBlanc – Fox Creek Golf Club
Ladies Amateur Division
1. Maureen O’Donnell – Fredericton Golf Club
2. Jescynda Hotham – Country Meadows Golf Club
3. Doreen Vienneau – Pine Needles Golf & Country Club
Ladies Mid-Master Division (40+)
1. Shelley Thomas – Country Meadows Golf Club
2. Erin Musgrave – Country Meadows Golf Club
3. Mary Walton-Rossignol – Fredericton Golf Club
Ladies Senior Division (50+)
1. Paula Napke-Flanagan – Miramichi Golf & Country Club
2. Sandy Comeau – Country Meadows Golf Club
3. Pam Cossey – Rockwood Park Golf Course
Ladies Super-Senior Division (60+)
1. Penny Dickeson – Fredericton Golf Club