Golf NB Announces Event Cancellations and Postponements
With the continued heightened uncertainty and global concern related to COVID-19, Golf NB continues to evaluate all aspects of our business to operate and make informed and responsible decisions within the best interests of our athletes, staff, volunteers, host clubs, partners and other stakeholders health and well-being.
With that, today (April 14, 2020), Golf NB is announcing its decision continue its office closure and to cancel or postpone the events listed below;
Golf NB Spring Board of Directors Meeting – April 25, 2020 – POSTPONED
Golf NB has made POSTPONED the 2020 Golf NB Spring Board of Directors Meeting, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020, until such time as there is more clarity surrounding the 2020 golf season in New Brunswick.
Golf NB will continue to, provide regular updates via Newsletter, social media and our website in an effort to keep our partners and members informed during this fluid and fast-moving situation.
2020 Golf NB Events & Championships
Golf NB is announcing its decision to cancel the events listed below.
- NB Men’s Four Ball, presented by Taylormade
May 23-24, 2020
Algonquin Golf Course, St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, NB
- NB Ladies Four Ball
June 14, 2020
Gowan Brae Golf & Country Club, Bathurst, NB
- Past Presidents’ Cup Inter-Club Challenge
September 19-20, 2020
Lakeside Golf & Country Club, Lakeville, NB
The decision to cancel these events was not taken lightly, but given unprecedented times, Golf NB believes it is the best course of action. The safety and well-being of its championship competitors, tournament staff and volunteers along with the host club’s members and staff are paramount to Golf NB.
Golf NB shares in the disappointment of those affected and thank all for their understanding during this extraordinary time.
All Event & Championship protocols, as published on March 17, 2020 will remain in effect, until further notice, for all other 2020 Golf NB Events & Championships;
- Golf New Brunswick (Golf NB) will make decisions regarding individual events and championships a minimum of 3 weeks in advance of the championship.Golf NB strongly recommends that competitors enter any events scheduled in which they intend to play this season. In the event Golf NB cancels the event or the competitor needs to withdraw, entry fees will be 100% refunded.
- Golf NB will require 25% of the maximum field as outlined in the Tournament Information Page for each event. If Golf NB cancels the event as a result of insufficient registrations, entry fees will be 100% refunded.
- Championships will be cancelled not postponed.
A complete list of Golf NB Events and Championships is available by clicking here.
Golf NB Office Closure
The Golf NB office will be closed to the public through May 3, 2020. The situation will be re-evaluated as of April 30, 2020 for further action.
While the Golf NB offices will be closed to the public, Golf NB continues to plan for the 2020 golf season and staff will remain available to provide support and answer any questions via normal communication methods.
Golf New Brunswick
Golf NB would like to thank you for your patience, support, and understanding and we wish each of you and families and friends all the best in these difficult times.
Please direct any questions by email to:
Tyson Flinn firstname.lastname@example.org
Luke Lacey email@example.com